As you probably know, Search engine optimisation (SEO) is essential to optimise your website’s position in the organic search results of search engines such as Google or Bing.
Originally these search engines use pieces of software – or ‘spiders’ – to identify keywords and phrases on your site, these help to set the relevance of your page on the search list. However, over a decade ago, Google started customising search results by incorporating algorithms that took into account users’ history of past searches, and by doing so, Google changed forever the searching process of the Internet.
Ever since, content has become one of the most relevant aspects for websites that companies should take care of. It means the difference between a user’s positive or negative experience; one that is relevant and engaging, against another that does not satisfy the customer’s expectations.
Companies often don’t devote the necessary time or resources to accomplish a good SEO, – or they do it once and then forget about it – sometimes because this gets out of their budget, other times because they merely disregard its importance. Unless you are a major comparison site, having a group of people devoted entirely to SEO may be costly and counterproductive, and worse if the team is not sufficiently or well qualified, this may have a negative impact on your ROI.
On the other hand, it is completely understandable that companies are initially reluctant to outsource some parts of their business, but the advantages of doing so can have a great impact on your numbers! Here are some reasons why you should consider outsourcing your SEO:
- Reduce costs – having a qualified SEO team will save you time, effort and money. SEO experts already know which strategies will or will not work for your business, and they will be highly productive when implementing them. They are also more efficient at SEO problem-solving, so less of your budget will be wasted on research and investigation.
- Better quality content – if you outsource your SEO, your content will be managed by specialists who understand your brand and your potential customers. Having a team entirely devoted to content creation will definitely pay off as content is still the most relevant aspect when it comes to engaging the persona you want to target.
- Accountability – even though Google has developed very helpful tools to keep track of your website’s traffic such as Google Analytics and AdWords, having a team that is proficient in their usage will guarantee you channel only relevant traffic to your page and, what is most important, a team that understands that traffic in order to improve the UX of your website, that will in turn increase your customers’ loyalty and engagement.
- Goal-specific – you are already aware that your business goals differ from other companies’. However, within SEO there is a broad list of goals that you might be more or less keen to target. Is it increasing traffic? Engaging your customers? Reaching potential ones? Whichever your priorities are, SEO specialists are the best qualified to develop those strategies that best suit your goals and expectations.
- You can use your time on other tasks – SEO can be time consuming, even more if you are expecting to see great results from it. However, not everyone has the time, and prioritisation may, unfortunately, relegate SEO to the bottom of your concerns. If this is your case but you still want to enjoy great SEO services, then outsourcing might be the best option for you.
Nonetheless, if you are considering outsourcing your SEO you should do it to a company that is worthy of your trust and that offers services tailored to your needs without charging a crazy amount for it. At Skyron, we offer cost-effective SEO services, if you want to find out more about what we can do for you, have a look at our website and drop us a message to get a free consultation!